Kentucky Science Center’s biggest family-friendly event of the year is back!
Saturday April 22, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM*
THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE
• Thunder Over Louisville is the kickoff event for the Kentucky Derby Festival!
• Airshow begins at 3:00 PM
• Fireworks display begins at 9:30 PM
* Kentucky Science Center will not open until 2:00 PM on April 22; we will be open from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM for ThunderBlast guests only.
Click here to download ThunderBlast 2017 Guest Information
TOP TEN REASONS WHY…
ThunderBlast is the BEST way to view Thunder Over Louisville:
10. This year’s theme is “Earth, Wind, and Fireworks!” and celebrates Thunder from the ground all the way up!
9. You can be outdoors or indoors at any time (but never indoors and outdoors at the same time.)
8. People will walk up to you and Do Science right before your eyes! (People that work here.)
7. Wear the kids out on inflatable bounce houses and slides, archeological digs, and games like “dunk (tank) a scientist.”
6. Only ThunderBlast Ticket Holders can visit the Science Center that day, so be one of the lucky ones.
5. Exclusive food trucks mean you don’t have to eat funnel cake – but you totally can. Lots of it. No judgement.
4. Save your breath – we’re smoke-free!
3. Take a movie break in our 4-Story Digital Theater – but buy now, especially if you want to see the 10:15 PM show and wait out Thunder traffic.
2. Clean indoor restrooms – you don’t know what you’re missing until you don’t have it.
1. It’s Thunder Over Louisville! Have the most “family-friendly” Thunder you can with Kentucky Science Center.
That’s right. At Thunder Over Louisville, you get all of these things and more. A completely secure, family friendly, and clean event, with enough to keep everyone in the family entertained, from the beginning of the airshow to the end of fireworks. What more could you ask for?
WHAT TO BRING TO THUNDERBLAST
• Lawn chairs and blankets.*
• Money for the food vendors, souvenirs, special activities, and Theater tickets.
• Identification/proof of age for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
• Personal umbrellas (no larger than a golf umbrella), strollers and small wagons are permitted.
* Lawn chairs are not permitted in the Science Center; the only exception is for the 10:15 p.m. film when a chair-check will be provided.
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
• Tents, coolers, alcohol, firearms, pets, food, and drink.
• Security will be checking bags at the entrance to the parking lot.
Kentucky Science Center Members SAVE BIG on events like ThunderBlast. Discounts on camps and classes, FREE members-only events, a full year of unlimited admission to over 300 museums… our list of membership benefits is ever-growing!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MEMBERSHIP LEVELS!
• Member Adult: $40
• Member Child: $25
• Non-Member Adult: $50
• Non-Member Child: $35
All ticket sales and reservations are final. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be exchanged. In the event of a closing or cancellation of a program, customer ticket orders will be rebooked or refunded.
Every year we guarantee to make Thunder Over Louisville a BLAST!
Kentucky Science Center is proud to be a Kentucky Derby Festival Thunder Funder.