Kentucky Science Center is open 7 days a week, 9:30 am-5 pm. We recommend purchasing advance tickets
Become a Member
Become a Member
Starting at ONLY $109, your Science Center Family Membership is paid for in as little as 2 visits!
NEW: Kentucky Science Center is offering FREE memberships to families participating in SNAP/WIC! P-EBT cards do not qualify for Community Access Membership. To Apply for a Community Access Membership, click here.
- Unlimited admission to Kentucky Science Center’s permanent exhibits
- Discounted parking in our 8th Street lot
- Free admission to more than 350 museums and science centers worldwide through the ASTC Passport Program
- Exclusive member events and programs
- Discounts on movies, birthday parties, camps, and more
- Special pricing on big events, including ThunderBlast
- Discounts on everything in the gift shop, including movie concessions
- Family Experience Members also receive discounted admission at reciprocal children’s museums
- Your membership dollars help encourage people of all ages to Do Science in engaging, educational, and entertaining ways to inspire a lifetime of learning
Membership benefits for two adults and up to four children or grandchildren ages 2-18
PLUS: two one-time use admission passes
Membership benefits for two adults and up to ten children or grandchildren ages 2-18
PLUS: membership benefits for an additional adult guest
PLUS: four one-time use movie passes, two MakerPlace drop-in activities, 20% discount on gift shop purchases, 20% discount on private rental of movie theater, and 50% discount at Association of Children’s Museums reciprocal institutions
Family Membership benefits for two adults and up to four children or grandchildren ages 2-18 at both Kentucky Science Center and Louisville Zoo
PLUS: two one-time use Louisville Zoo guest passes
Family Experience Dual
Family Experience Membership benefits for two adults and up to ten children or grandchildren ages 2-18 at both Kentucky Science Center and Louisville Zoo
PLUS: membership benefits for an additional unnamed guest
Additional KSC benefits: four one-time use movie passes, two MakerPlace drop-in activities, 20% discount on gift shop purchases, 20% discount on private rental of movie theater, and 50% discount at Association of Children’s Museums reciprocal institutions
Additional Zoo benefits: six guest passes, unlimited carousel rides, one Family Event Pass, two Giraffe Feeds, two Lorikeet Feeds, complimentary caregiver (Zoo only)
Community Access Membership
Membership benefits for two adults and up to four children or grandchildren ages 2-18: FREE for families participating in SNAP/WIC. P-EBT cards do not qualify for Community Access Memberships.
PLUS: two one-time use admission passes.
Donate the cost of an additional membership when purchasing your own membership. Available at any of the standard membership levels.
Your tax-deductible donation will support the Annual Fund for Science, which helps Kentucky Science Center further its mission of doing science throughout the community.
Add a named caregiver to any membership: Science Center: $28; Science Center/Louisville Zoo: $56
Three Ways to Join!
The Small Print
- Membership benefits cover children living in the household
- At least one adult on the membership must be named
- A named adult can be a parent, grandparent, or caregiver of the children
- At least one named adult must be present at each visit
- Kentucky Science Center staff check IDs at each visit
- We are unable to provide free parking to members
- Movie passes are valid for documentary movies at Kentucky Science Center
- Science Center memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Membership cards will arrive in the mail within 2-4 weeks.
- Kentucky Science Center memberships may not be used in conjunction with school field trips.
Get ready to Do Science all year! Kentucky Science Center offers a non-profit membership for social service agencies as an alternative to standard group reservations.
Free admission for up to 12 clients (child or adult) and 4 staff/chaperones per visit per day (at least 1 staff member must be present and present proof of employment).
PLUS: Discounted pricing on movie tickets and special exhibits
The Small Print
- Available only to non-profit social service agencies. Not valid for schools or daycares.
- Advanced reservations are required for all movies at the Science Center in order to ensure your group has available seating. To make a reservation, call 502-560-7128. Note: Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas break and Jefferson County Public Schools Spring Break are typically very busy.
- Non-Profit Memberships are for organizational use only and are nontransferable. The Science Center requires agency identification.
- Employees may not use a Non-Profit Membership for personal use.