We believe that science matters to the workforce.
People who master S.T.E.M. skills are best-prepared to seize the opportunities and face the challenges of the 21st century.
We believe that science matters to society.
Science literacy empowers individuals and communities to ask questions, think creatively, solve problems, and work toward a better quality of life for all.
We believe that science matters to families and individuals.
Curiosity is a critical springboard for early learners filled with wonder, and for teens and adults who crave intellectual ways to better understand their world.
Do you believe Science Matters? Come work with us.
To apply to any of our open positions, fill out an application here:
Or email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Resumes can also be submitted in person or via mail at the following address:
Kentucky Science Center
ATTN: Human Resources
727 W Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Senior Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Reports to: Chief External Affairs Officer
Summary: The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-level, polished administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and maintaining highest levels of presentation and an exemplary extension of the executive office. Ensure continuous, seamless flow of accurate information through work with Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Science Center team and community leaders. Work proactively to anticipate needs, innovate solutions, and navigate competing interests diplomatically as required. Support and/or lead strategic initiatives, acting on behalf of the executive office through, but not limited to, committee management, project management, and special assignments to assist the CEO.
Organization Administration and Support
- Manages CEO’s calendar and speaks on behalf of the CEO for setting business and social engagements.
- Prepares, proofreads, edits all documents as required, including but not limited to, executive-level letters, memoranda, proposals, internal communications, printed materials, etc. Demonstrates utmost confidentiality in material handling.
- Answers, screens, and directs telephone calls taking clear, accurate and detailed messages and delivering these promptly. Returns phone calls personally as required. Seeks clarity of information to ensure efficient and accurate response to calls by CEO.
- Maintains accurate, organized and up to date filing system; establishes appropriate record-keeping systems.
- Develops and updates reports, schedules, and other documents to assist in the timely completion of these materials.
- Provides general administrative support to Senior Leadership Team as needed, particularly the Chief External Affairs Officer, Chief Business Officer, and Chief Program Officer. Coordinates communication between and among the Executive team and the full organization.
- Manage correspondence to include preparing outgoing mail and arranges for quick mail when necessary; proactively manages mail and document handling for signature, reply, consideration, action.
- Arranges travel, reservations and guest accommodations for CEO and staff for business and social engagements.
- Anticipates administrative needs in preparation for upcoming meetings and travel commitments, ensuring preparedness in content and support materials.
- Assists with campaign research and other development duties directed by Chief External Affairs Officer.
- Takes minutes at weekly Senior Leadership Team meeting and maintains confidentiality pertaining to the meeting. repares weekly report for distribution at meeting.
- Manages and maintains office supply materials, routes mail and does daily check acceptance report.
Executive Office and Board of Directors
- Responsible for the management of executive level initiatives and projects, acting on behalf of the CEO, Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors as applicable.
- Represents and acts on behalf of the CEO and serves as an exceptional extension of the executive office in person and in all forms of communication and technology, including but not limited to development efforts, community building, marketing and public relations.
- Ensures an informed, willing relationship with internal and external customers.
- Manages all aspects of Board of Director meetings and other meetings as required including, but not limited to, scheduling, coordination, notification, preparation of meeting materials, distribution of meeting materials, attendance records, A/V technology, and makes any and all other arrangements necessary to ensure smooth meeting execution, timely follow up and the comfort of meeting attendees. Records and transcribes minutes of the Board of Directors and committee meetings and distributes them appropriately.
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Offsite Program Educator – Part Time
Reports to: Senior Manager of Fee-Based and Partnership Initiatives
Summary: The Offsite Program Educator engages visitors of all ages in educational and entertaining offsite programming.
Duties: Educators will be expected to teach in a variety of settings that includes but is not limited to assemblies, outreaches, after school programs, mobile van based programs, demonstrations and science expos. This role also includes maintenance and coordination of supplies, offsite logistics, volunteer training, customer service, set-up and/clean-up, and activity facilitation. This role requires traveling and may involve overnight stays.
Requirements: College graduate with emphasis in education, science or other related discipline. Working experience with Kindergarten through High School students (K-HS).
Schedule: Able to travel and work evenings/weekends including overnight stays
Reports to: Director; Education & Experience
Summary: The Educator position is responsible for presenting educational programs, classes, and activities to visitors. This can mean interacting with guests in the Science Center’s exhibits, presenting demos, or facilitating outreach programs to area schools.
Duties: Presenting educational programs; monitoring and maintaining exhibit condition
Requirements: Experience dealing with the public; presentation and public speaking skills
Schedule: Flexible, may include nights and weekends
Part-Time Education Apprentice
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Summary: This position is responsible for onsite support on the exhibit floors including, but not limited to customer service, restaging exhibits, assisting with prep of shows, programs, and demos; and answering questions related to exhibits and programming. The Floor Apprentice will participate weekly in a series of training modules facilitated by the Education floor staff in order to train on exhibit and floor facilitation.
Duties: Assist with preparation and implementation of educational programs, demonstrations, and shows as assigned, primarily in exhibit halls and associated program spaces as needed. Assist visitors in the exhibits with way-finding and interpreting exhibit components. Participate in the training and coaching of exhibit and education volunteers, both adult and youth. Participate in all educator training and skill development sessions and team meetings.
Requirements: Obtained or working towards high school diploma or GED. One of two years post high school education preferred.
Schedule: Flexible, may include nights and weekends
All positions offer:
- Professional Development
- Dual Membership to Kentucky Science Center and Louisville Zoo with associated member benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
Full-time positions offer:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Supplemental life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
The Kentucky Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Questions? Contact our HR Manager at Cheryl.Horlander@louisvilleky.gov