How soon should I book my party?
- We recommend that all parties be booked as soon as possible to secure your preferred party date.
What dates are available, and how do I book?
- Visit kysciencecenter.org/rentals-and-birthdays/birthday-parties/ to view available dates, themes and to book your party. All available dates and times will be listed on our availability calendar. All parties in blue are available to be booked. All parties must be paid in-full at the time of booking.
Can I book my party for my n-year-old? (Where n=the age of your child)
- Sure! Most of our parties are for ages 3-12, but we do offer parties for younger and older children as well. Please email our Manager of Camps and Family Programs at email@example.com.
Can I book one party for multiple children?
- We can host parties for multiple children but are not able to increase the included 12 children and their caregivers to accommodate more guests.
Can I have more than 12 children and their caregivers attend my birthday party?
- In order to ensure that we have appropriate staffing for your birthday party experience, we do require that you call in advance for the possibility of adding on additional children at a rate of $15/child.
What will I receive after I book?
- You will be emailed:
- Birthday party agreement–must be turned in 14 days before party
- Link to purchase balloons or gift bags
- Link to invitations
What happens in case of inclement weather?
- In case of inclement weather, please watch the local news or our social media channels to see if the Kentucky Science Center is closed. You can also call our weather line at 502-561-6100. If the Kentucky Science Center is closed, we will reschedule your party at no additional fee. Specific dates or times cannot be guaranteed.
What happens if I need to cancel my party?
- You must call or email to reschedule or cancel your reservation. A reschedule or cancellation is final when you receive a confirmation via email from Kentucky Science Center. Birthday parties cancelled three weeks before the program date may be reschedule at no cost or may be cancelled for a $100 cancellation fee. Birthday parties cancelled within three weeks of the program date are non-refundable.
When should I arrive?
- Your party will start promptly at the time you have booked, and you may enter the Party Room 15 minutes prior to that time to set up presents or decorations.
Where should I tell my guests to go when they arrive?
- A Kentucky Science Center staff member will meet your guests in the Lobby. Once your guests have arrived, they’ll be escorted to the Party Room. To ensure that all of your guests are able to be escorted to the party room prior to the start of your party we recommend that you ask your guests to arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled party time. A member of your party can meet latecomers in the Lobby, or you can direct them to the Ticket Desk.
If I have guests who are members, do they get in free?
- Kentucky Science Center members do not receive a free or discounted price as a guest of a birthday party.
How will the timeline of my party look?
- A typical birthday party beginning at 1:00 PM* includes:
- 12:45-1:00: Party family arrives and is taken down to Party Room to decorate or set-up.
- 1:00: Additional guests are invited down to the Party Room
- 1:05-1:20: Science Activity
- 1:20-1:40: LN2 demo and ice cream making
- 1:40-2:00: Ice cream and/or presents in the party room. All items must be out of the room at the end of your 1 hour.
Parents are responsible for getting all party items out of the room and to their car after their 1-hour party time. Kentucky Science Center is not responsible for holding gifts after each party.
*Please note, this is a general party outline, and each party may look slightly different.
Can I decorate the Party Room?
- We provide all table coverings. You may bring additional decorations, as long as they don’t hang from the ceiling or walls. Due to safety concerns, piñatas and noisemakers are not allowed. We offer balloons bouquets through Ah, Whatta Bout Mimi’s–the link is included in your confirmation email!
How many people does my ice cream feed?
- We provide refreshments for up to 12 children. If you’d like to add an additional ice cream you may do so up to three weeks before your scheduled party. Please note that one staff member will be in charge of making/serving the ice cream to up to 12 children.
Can I add a movie?
- Yes, you can purchase movie tickets at a discounted rate. Please check our website for show times and availability. Movie times are available at kysciencecenter.org/movies/
Will my guests have to pay to park?
- Guest parking is not included in the party package but can be purchased for an additional fee.