- We understand that last-minute changes to field trip reservations do happen, however, we prepare and staff the Science Center based on daily anticipated attendance. We work with groups to the best of our ability, within reason, to ensure the highest quality of experience for all visitors.
- Last minute increases to any reservation number should be communicated to our Visitor Services Reservation Specialist and will be accommodated based on availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of any feature of the Science Center.
- Last minute decreases to any total reservation number should be communicated to our Visitor Services Reservation Specialist and may be accommodated within 10% of the total listed number. Groups with more than 200 total visitors must communicate any number changes no less than one week in advance of the visit.
Cancellations and Reschedules
- Cancelling a field trip reservation fewer than 21 days before the scheduled visit will result in a cancellation fee of 10% of the total price.
- Cancellation of a class or lab will result in a cancellation fee of up to $50.00 per class and $100.00 per lab.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather are not subject to a cancellation fee. In the event that your visit is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will work with you to reschedule. Please be sure to let us know.
- Refunds will be issued for last-minute decreases in total reservation number or for cancelled field trip reservations within 10% of the total reservation number.
- All refunds over $50 will be issued in the form of a check that may take up to six weeks to process.
- Refunds will be issued for Field Trip Reservations cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Rescheduling a Field Trip within 3 weeks of the scheduled visit will result in rescheduling fee of $25.00.
- The Science Center requires one chaperone per 10 students.
- Teachers and any adults over the age of 18 count toward this ratio.
- Chaperones must be included on the reservation in order to receive the discounted chaperone rate.
- Chaperones arriving and/or paying separately will be charged regular Science Center admission and will be accommodated based on availability.
- Kentucky Science Center memberships may not be used in conjunction with school field trips.
If you have any questions, please contact the Reservation Office at 502-560-7166, Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.