Kentucky Science Center is open 7 days a week from 9:30AM – 5:00PM. Tickets can be purchased online.
Field Trip Booking Policies
Field Trip Booking Policies
Kentucky Science Center considers the teacher contact listed on the reservation invoice to be acting as an authorized representative of the school. Any failure on the part of this representative to communicate changes to the field trip reservation will be considered a responsibility of the school.
After you submit an online reservation request, you will receive a confirmation email with your program invoice. Once this email has been sent, all policies below will apply.
If you have questions before submitting your reservation request, please call 502-560-7166.
Reservation and Rescheduling Policy
- All reservations must have communicated payment plans three weeks prior to your program date. Reservations made with less than 3 weeks notice of program date are required to communicate payment plan at time of request.
- Groups must email or call to cancel all reservations. Cancellations are not official without a cancellation confirmation email from Kentucky Science Center. Unofficial cancellations will result in a full program charge.
- Changes to attendance numbers after reservation is confirmed will result in an alteration of previously agreed upon charges.
- Rescheduling within three weeks of your visit may result in an additional fee. If rescheduling is due to uncontrollable circumstances such as inclement weather or federal/state guidelines, this will result in a new program date or a full refund.
- Kentucky Science Center accepts cash, check, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express. You are responsible for the total amount listed on your invoice.
- Payment can be mailed to Kentucky Science Center at 727 W. Main Street Louisville, KY 40202. Payments can also be made over the phone by calling 502-560-7123.
- Failure to communicate payment plan three weeks prior to program date will result in a cancellation of your reservation.
- Refunds will be issued in the same form as the original payment. Refunds made by check may take up to six weeks to process.
- Programs cancelled three weeks or more before program date will be refunded in full. Programs cancelled less than three weeks prior to the program date are non-refundable.
- Rescheduling a program within three weeks of the scheduled program not due to uncontrollable circumstances will result in a rescheduling fee of $100.
- Kentucky Science Center requires one chaperone per 10 students. Teachers and any adults over the age of 18 count toward this ratio.
- Prior to visit, chaperones should be assigned groups of no more than 10 students.
- Only chaperones included on the reservation invoice will receive the field trip rate.
- Any chaperones arriving day-of who are not included on the invoice will be charged general admission pricing.
- Due to capacity limits, we may not be able to accommodate adults exceeding the one chaperone to 10 student ratio during Lunch and Classes. Additional adults will be directed to explore the exhibits or visit Kentucky Science Center’s Do Science Shop until it is possible for them to rejoin the group.