|PreK- K||K-8th grade|
|8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off||8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off|
|9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities||9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities|
|10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration||10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|11:15 – 11:40||Lunch||11:15 – 11:40||Lunch|
|11:40 – 12:30||Rest Time||11:40 – 12:10||Recess/Demonstration|
|12:30 – 1:30||Classroom Activities||12:00 – 1:00||Classroom Activities|
|1:30 – 2:00||Recess||1:00 – 2:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities/ Exhibit Exploration||2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities|
|3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities||3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities|
|4:00 – 5:00||Check out||4:00 – 5:00||Check out|
Campers will have the opportunity everyday to enjoy 4 hours of engaging activities in their classroom, 2 hours of time in Kentucky Science Center exhibits, recess, and a half hour for lunch. Pre-K campers will also have a rest period. Every week campers will see an educational film in our 4-story digital theater and view an engaging science demonstration.
ROUTINE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Arrival is from 8:00 – 9:00AM each day. On Monday morning, please walk your camper to the main entrance of the Science Center. The registration process will take place in our main lobby.
We do have a supervised drop off service on Main Street on Tuesday-Friday of each Summer Camp week. Please follow the directions of our camp staff located outside the main entrance.
If you arrive after 9:00AM, walk your camper to the main entrance and check in with our front desk staff. Parents are expected to stay with their camper until a camp staff member arrives.
ROUTINE PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Pick-up is from 4:00 – 5:00PM each day. Two pick-up locations are available depending on where your camper’s classroom is located:
- Science Education Wing – entrance is adjacent to the Science Center at 745 Main St for grades Pre-K, K-1, and 1-2 campers (unless otherwise noted).
- Main Lobby at the bottom of stairs by the Pendulum – entrance inside the main Science Center for all other camp grades.
A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. Please make sure that anyone permitted to pick up your camper is listed on their health and permission form. Permitted pick-up contacts need to include camper parents/guardians.
If you plan on picking up your camper early, please let camp staff know at drop off. When you arrive, please check in with the front desk staff and tell them you are here for an early camp pick up. Allow 15-20 minutes for an early pick up. Early pick up ends at 3:45PM to allow staff to prepare for a safe, secure pick up beginning at 4:00PM.
Note: If your child is not picked up by 5:00PM an additional fee of $1 per minute after 5:00PM will be applied.
Kentucky Science Center lot is located at the intersection of West Washington and Eighth Streets. Please take a ticket upon arrival into the lot. There is a 30-minute grace period for the parking lot to bring your campers in to registration or pick up in afternoon. Beyond the 30-minute grace period, you will be asked to pay.
WHAT TO BRING
- Each camper should wear their School’s Out Science Camp t-shirt every day at camp. A new camp t-shirt will be available every Monday during registration.
- Each camper should bring a water bottle. Labeling water bottles with names can be helpful.
- Each camper should bring a snack for both the morning and afternoon snack time. Labeling snacks can be helpful. Snacks are NOT provided by the Science Center. We are unable to allow the sharing of snacks, even with siblings so please pack lunches accordingly.
- Each camper should bring a lunch. The Science Center does NOT provide lunch for campers, nor do we take the campers to Subway. We are unable to refrigerate or heat lunches and snacks. We ask that you be considerate of any common food allergies other campers and staff may have. Not all camps will eat lunch at the same time. We ask that each camper stay at their designated table for lunch.
- Comfortable closed-toed shoes are highly recommended as the campers will be participating in daily experiments and walking throughout the science center each day.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
We request that your student leave any personal items (backpacks, purses, stuffed animals, blankets, toys, electronic games, etc.) at home.
We ask that your camper keep all electronic devices put away during the day, including during check-in and check-out. If your camper cannot keep their device put away, we reserve the right to hold onto the device until parents arrive for check out.
Kentucky Science Center does not allow campers to chew gum on the premises.
For questions or emergencies during camp hours, please call 502-560-7128.