|PreK- K||K-8th grade|
|8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off||8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off|
|9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities||9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities|
|10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration||10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|11:15 – 11:40||Lunch||11:15 – 11:40||Lunch|
|11:40 – 12:30||Rest Time||11:40 – 12:10||Recess/Demonstration|
|12:30 – 1:30||Classroom Activities||12:00 – 1:00||Classroom Activities|
|1:30 – 2:00||Recess||1:00 – 2:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities/ Exhibit Exploration||2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities|
|3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities||3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities|
|4:00 – 5:00||Check out||4:00 – 5:00||Check out|
ROUTINE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Arrival is from 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. each day. Please walk your camper into the main entrance of the Science Center on the first day of camp.
We do have supervised drop off service on Main Street on Tuesday- Friday of Summer Camp week. Please follow the directions of our camp staff located outside the main entrance.
If you arrive after 9:00 A.M. walk your camper to the ticket desk and let our front desk staff notify the appropriate camp staff member. Parents are expected to stay with their child until a camp staff member arrives.
ROUTINE PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Pick-up is from 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. each day.
A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD, NO EXCPETIONS. Please make sure that anyone permitted to pick up your child is listed on their health and permission form.
There are two possible Pick Up locations during the summer based on grade level. The designated location for your camper will be provided at registration.
- Science Education Wing located inside the 745 building, just west of our main lobby.
- Lower Level staircase accessible through our Main lobby to bottom of stairs at right pendulum.
If you plan on picking up your child early, please let camp staff know at drop of and then inform the front desk staff when you arrive for pick up. Allow 15-20 minutes for an early pick up. Early pick up ends at 3:45 to allow staff to prepare for a safe, secure pick up beginning at 4:00.
Note: If your child is not picked up by 5:00 P.M. additional fee of $1 per minute after 5:00 PM will be applied.
Monday Morning Registration
Registration is located in the main lobby of Kentucky Science Center.
Tuesday-Friday Child Drop-off
Tuesday through Friday you may drop using the supervised drop-off service on Main Street. Supervised drop-off is from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM each day. If you choose to drop off from your car, please follow the directions of camp staff at the curb of our main entrance. If you arrive after 9:00 AM, walk your camper to the Ticket Desk and let staff there notify the appropriate camp staff member. Parents are expected to stay with their child until a camp staff member arrives.
The Science Center lot is located at River Road and Eighth Street. Please enter the main entrance of the Science Center. Please take a ticket upon arrival into the lot. There is a 30-minute grace period for the parking lot to bring your campers in to registration or pick up in afternoon. Beyond the 30-minute grace period you will be asked to pay.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A new camp t-shirt will be provided every Monday during registration. We request that campers wear the 2020 camp t-shirt during camp session so they can easily be identified in the exhibits. Each camper should bring a snack for both the morning and afternoon snack time. Labeling snacks can be helpful. Snacks are NOT provided by the Science Center. We are unable to allow the sharing of snacks, even with siblings so please pack lunches accordingly.
- Each camper should bring a lunch. The Science Center does NOT provide lunch for campers, nor do we take the campers to Subway. We are unable to refrigerate or heat lunches and snacks. We ask that you be considerate of any common food allergies other campers and staff may have. Not all camps will eat lunch at the same time. We ask that each camper stay at their designated table for lunch.
- For the safely and security of your camper, we recommend that you do not take your camper offsite for lunch.
- Comfortable closed-toed shoes are highly recommended as the campers will be participating in daily experiments and walking throughout the science center each day.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
The Science Center makes every reasonable attempt to safeguard our campers’ possessions. However, we suggest each student leaves personal items, especially electronics and toys, at home. If camp staff determines that the presence of these items is disruptive to the class, they will be confiscated and held until the end of the day. Please note that the Science Center staff cannot be held responsible for the loss, destruction, or theft of any personal item (i.e. clothing, book bags or purses, toys, games, electronic devices, cell phones, or money) your child may bring to camp.
We ask that your camper keep all electronic devices put away during the day, including during check-in and check-out. If your camper cannot keep their device put away, we reserve the right to hold onto the device until parents arrive for check out.
Kentucky Science Center does not allow campers to chew gum on the premises.