|PreK- K||K-8th grade|
|8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off||8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off|
|9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities||9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities|
|10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration||10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|11:15 – 11:40||Lunch||11:15 – 11:40||Lunch|
|11:40 – 12:30||Rest Time||11:40 – 12:10||Recess/Demonstration|
|12:30 – 1:30||Classroom Activities||12:00 – 1:00||Classroom Activities|
|1:30 – 2:00||Recess||1:00 – 2:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities/ Exhibit Exploration||2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities|
|3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities||3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities|
|4:00 – 5:00||Check out||4:00 – 5:00||Check out|
Campers will have the opportunity everyday to enjoy 4 engaging activities in their classroom, 2 hours of time in the Kentucky Science Center exhibits, recess, a half hour for lunch, and Pre-K campers will have a rest period.
ROUTINE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Arrival is from 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. each day. Please walk your camper to the main entrance of the Science Center on the first day of camp. To adhere to state and local guidelines, registration will be located just outside of the main entrance.
We do have a contactless supervised drop off service on Main Street on Tuesday- Friday of Summer Camp week. Please follow the directions of our camp staff located outside the main entrance.
If you arrive after 9:00 A.M. walk your camper to the main entrance and wait by our front door for one of our staff members to greet you. Parents are expected to stay with their child until a camp staff member arrives.
ROUTINE PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Pick-up is from 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. each day.
A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD, NO EXCEPTIONS. Please make sure that anyone permitted to pick up your child is listed on their health and permission form.
All pick-up will be located in our main lobby.
If you plan on picking up your child early, please let camp staff know at drop off. Please note that although we are open for camps we are closed to the general public. For entrance please ring the buzzer on the left hand side of the main entrance and wait for our staff to meet you. Allow 15-20 minutes for an early pick up. Early pick up ends at 3:45 to allow staff to prepare for a safe, secure pick up beginning at 4:00.
Note: If your child is not picked up by 5:00 P.M. additional fee of $1 per minute after 5:00 PM will be applied.
Monday Morning Registration
Registration is located outside of the main entrance of the Kentucky Science Center. Please park in the parking lot behind the Kentucky Science Center before proceeding to registration.
Tuesday-Friday Child Drop-off
Tuesday through Friday you may drop using the contactless supervised drop-off service on Main Street. Supervised drop-off is from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM each day. If you choose to drop off from your car, please follow the directions of camp staff at the curb of our main entrance. If you arrive after 9:00 AM, walk your camper to the main entrance and let staff there notify the appropriate camp staff member. Parents are expected to stay with their child until a camp staff member arrives.
The Science Center lot is located at River Road and Eighth Street. Please enter the main entrance of the Science Center. Please take a ticket upon arrival into the lot. There is a 30-minute grace period for the parking lot to bring your campers in to registration or pick up in afternoon. Beyond the 30-minute grace period you will be asked to pay.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A new camp t-shirt will be provided every Monday during registration.
- In accordance to state/local guidelines there will not be access to water fountains. Each camper should bring a water bottle. Labeling water bottles with names can be helpful.
- Each camper should bring a snack for both the morning and afternoon snack time. Labeling snacks can be helpful. Snacks are NOT provided by the Science Center. We are unable to allow the sharing of snacks, even with siblings so please pack lunches accordingly.
- Each camper should bring a lunch. The Science Center does NOT provide lunch for campers, nor do we take the campers to Subway. We are unable to refrigerate or heat lunches and snacks. We ask that you be considerate of any common food allergies other campers and staff may have. Not all camps will eat lunch at the same time. We ask that each camper stay at their designated table for lunch.
- For the safely and security of your camper, we recommend that you do not take your camper offsite for lunch.
- Comfortable closed-toed shoes are highly recommended as the campers will be participating in daily experiments and walking throughout the science center each day.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Due to COVID-19 we are requesting that your student leave any personal items (backpacks, purses, stuffed animals, blankets, toys, electronic games, etc.) at home to minimize contact points.
We ask that your camper keep all electronic devices put away during the day, including during check-in and check-out. If your camper cannot keep their device put away, we reserve the right to hold onto the device until parents arrive for check out.
Kentucky Science Center does not allow campers to chew gum on the premises.