|PreK- K||K-8th grade|
|8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off||8:00 – 9:00||Registration/Drop off|
|9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities||9:00 – 10:00||Classroom Activities|
|10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration||10:00 – 11:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|11:15 – 11:40||Lunch||11:15 – 11:40||Lunch|
|11:40 – 12:30||Rest Time||11:40 – 12:10||Recess/Demonstration|
|12:30 – 1:30||Classroom Activities||12:00 – 1:00||Classroom Activities|
|1:30 – 2:00||Recess||1:00 – 2:00||Exhibit Exploration|
|2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities/ Exhibit Exploration||2:00 – 3:00||Classroom Activities|
|3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities||3:00 – 4:00||Classroom Activities|
|4:00 – 5:00||Check out||4:00 – 5:00||Check out|
Campers will have the opportunity everyday to enjoy 4 engaging activities in their classroom, 2 hours of time in the Kentucky Science Center exhibits, recess, a half hour for lunch, and Pre-K campers will have a rest period.
ROUTINE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Arrival is from 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. each day. On Monday morning please walk your camper to the main entrance of the Science Center. To adhere to social distancing guidelines, the registration process will take place in our main lobby.
We do have a contactless supervised drop off service on Main Street on Tuesday- Friday of each Summer Camp week. Please follow the directions of our camp staff located outside the main entrance.
If you arrive after 9:00 A.M. walk your camper to the main entrance and check in with our front desk staff. Parents are expected to stay with their camper until a camp staff member arrives.
ROUTINE PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Pick-up is from 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. each day.
A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD, NO EXCEPTIONS. Please make sure that anyone permitted to pick up your camper is listed on their health and permission form.
All pick-up will be located in our main lobby.
If you plan on picking up your camper early, please let camp staff know at drop off. When you arrive, please check in with the front desk staff and tell them you are here for an early camp pick up. Allow 15-20 minutes for an early pick up. Early pick up ends at 3:45 P.M.to allow staff to prepare for a safe, secure pick up beginning at 4:00 P.M.
Note: If your child is not picked up by 5:00 P.M. an additional fee of $1 per minute after 5:00 PM will be applied.
The Science Center lot is located at Washington Street and Eighth Street. Please take a ticket upon arrival into the lot. There is a 30-minute grace period for the parking lot to bring your campers in to registration or pick up in afternoon. Beyond the 30-minute grace period you will be asked to pay.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A new camp t-shirt will be available every Monday during registration.
- In accordance with state/local guidelines there will not be access to water fountains. Each camper should bring a water bottle. Labeling water bottles with names can be helpful.
- Each camper should bring a snack for both the morning and afternoon snack time. Labeling snacks can be helpful. Snacks are NOT provided by the Science Center. We are unable to allow the sharing of snacks, even with siblings so please pack lunches accordingly.
- Each camper should bring a lunch. The Science Center does NOT provide lunch for campers, nor do we take the campers to Subway. We are unable to refrigerate or heat lunches and snacks. We ask that you be considerate of any common food allergies other campers and staff may have. Not all camps will eat lunch at the same time. We ask that each camper stay at their designated table for lunch.
- For the safety and security of your camper, we recommend that you do not take your camper offsite for lunch.
- Comfortable closed-toed shoes are highly recommended as the campers will be participating in daily experiments and walking throughout the science center each day.
- Each camper aged 6 and up will be required to wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose. Campers under the age of 6 may wear a mask if that is your preference, but they are not mandatory.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Due to COVID-19 we are requesting that your student leave any personal items (backpacks, purses, stuffed animals, blankets, toys, electronic games, etc.) at home to minimize contact points.
We ask that your camper keep all electronic devices put away during the day, including during check-in and check-out. If your camper cannot keep their device put away, we reserve the right to hold onto the device until parents arrive for check out.
Kentucky Science Center does not allow campers to chew gum on the premises.