Who are we?
The Mission of the Kentucky Science Center Young Professionals Advisory Board is to bolster Kentucky Science Center’s Mission of encouraging people of all ages to Do Science in Engaging, Educational, and Entertaining Ways to Inspire a Lifetime of Learning.
The Vision of the Kentucky Science Center Young Professionals Advisory Board is to make Kentucky Science Center a place that is a consistent asset for young professionals (ages 40 and under) engaging in the act of “doing science.”
The purpose of the Kentucky Science Center Young Professionals Advisory Board is to advocate, promote, and help sustain Kentucky Science Center by supporting innovative programming and marketing strategy to increase adult audience and engagement to Kentucky Science Center.
Current Kentucky Science Center Young Professionals Advisory Board members are:
- Kyle Miller, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum (Chair)
- Sara Nelson, Humana (Vice Chair)
- Nicole Hayden, Friends of Nicole
- Autumn Kidd, University of Louisville Health
- Ben Smock, Canopy Kentucky
- Work in collaboration with Kentucky Science Center staff and Board of Directors to fulfill mission, vision, and goals
- Plan and execute sustainable and consistent Young Professional programming and engagement opportunities
- Actively promote and recruit members to Kentucky Science Center through new programming initiatives
- Commitment to produce diverse, inclusive, and equitable adult programming
- Pursue cost-effective programs, maintaining a sound budget, in accordance with Kentucky Science Center
- Programs to remain focused on “doing science” and promotion of the overall Kentucky Science Center mission and vision
Kentucky Science Center Young Professionals Advisory Board shall be governed by bylaws as established by the inaugural members of the Young Professionals Advisory Board and approved by the Kentucky Science Center Board of Directors and shall include:
- 2-year term limit, with opportunity to be voted back onto board to serve for an additional 2 terms (total of 6 years) or age 41
- Board to consist of 7-11 members, with opportunity to amend maximum number of active board members
- Leadership roles include:
- Chair of the Young Professionals Advisory Board who shall be an ex-officio member of Kentucky Science Center’s Board of Directors reporting agenda and outcomes to full board. Leadership role to be held up to 2 years. Attend quarterly advisory board meetings.
- Sub-committees to be formed to accomplish and implement programming
- Attend and/or volunteer for 2 to 3 program events annually
- Financial obligation will include but not limited to a $250 gift to the Annual Fund