We’re celebrating our newest temporary exhibition: Human Plus: Real Lives + Real Engineering with two days of engineering human potential!
Human Plus offers guests of all ages the chance to explore and create a range of low- and high-tech tools that restore and extend human abilities, from neuro-prosthetic limbs controlled by thoughts to a touch panel that allows you to feel music.
On June 29th and 30th visit between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to see the exhibit AND do even more science with our educators and area experts!
- Practice your micropipetting skills
- Design your own wheelchair enhancement, whether it’s a bag or device
- Explore a variety of human tools to compare their effectiveness
- Engineer your own prosthetic hand
- Talk with experts at Louisville Prosthetics
- Chat with the University of Louisville bio-engineering department
- Test out adaptive wheelchairs and talk with athletes with Parks and Recreation Adaptive Leader
All activities are included with the price of admission–that means it’s FREE for science center members!