Welcome back to Kentucky Science Center!
The COVID-19 Pandemic is hard on everyone, and we thank you for your patience while we finalized our plans to keep our staff, members, and guests safe.
KSC now open to the public, seven days a week. Advance tickets are required for all guests, including members, and can be reserved here:
There are still a limited number of tickets available per day. Our members will have priority tickets. Please register in advance.
When you arrive, you will notice a few other changes:
All guests must take a COVID-19 pre-screening before entering the building.
- 5 years old and younger = Masks not required.
- 6 years old and older = Masks covering the nose and mouth are required while you are indoors at Kentucky Science Center.
- ADA accommodations will be made for guests that cannot wear face masks due to a health exemption. If you have a health issue that places you in an exempt class, you may wear a full-face shield without a face mask. If you cannot wear a full-face shield, you should not visit Kentucky Science Center at this time. If you need assistance making other accommodations, please call 502-560-7128.
- KSC Staff will always be wearing masks while with guests and campers.
- Please maintain six feet of spacing between all traveling groups.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations were added throughout the building. Please use them and remember to wash your hands frequently.
- We have added more cleaning capacity and you will see our cleaning carts and staff members wiping down high-touch surfaces often.
- We modified or removed some exhibits to keep everyone safe.
- Other exhibit components will be completely changed out every day to ensure complete decontamination.
- Has your temperature been above 100.4° F [38.0° C] without the use of fever reducing medication in the last 48 hours?
Do you have new or worsening onset of any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, chills, body aches, fatigue, headache, loss of taste/smell, eye drainage, or congestion?
Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or who has symptoms compatible with COVID-19?
Are any members of your household on quarantine for exposure to COVID-19?
The KSC Parking Lot is open to the public. Due to MSD construction, a temporary entrance is in place on Washington Street between 7th and 8th Street. Please exit via the normal 8th Street exit. You will then have to proceed down Washington to 9th Street. 8th Street is completely closed to vehicle traffic.
When you arrive:
After registering in advance, proceed to the front entrance on Main Street with your ticket confirmation ready. Once there, the Visitor Services team will be prepared to assist with check-in and any questions you may have. If you use the pedway to come up from the parking lot, please exit next to Subway and use our main entrance.
Nearly all of the exhibits inside KSC are open and ready for you. Please maintain six feet of space between traveling groups to help reduce the spread of germs. We have added spacing icons throughout the building at many of our more popular exhibits.
Kentucky Science Center is excited to open Turtle Odyssey when the building reopens. An option to purchase a limited seating combo ticket is also available.
We encourage you to stay informed with reliable resources.