presented by Norton Women’s and Kosair Children’s Hospital
TIME: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
No registration Required
Join the Science Center on the last Tuesday, and following Saturday, of each month for our exclusive early-childhood FREE PlayDates! These hour-long PlayDates are open to visitors ages 0-4 and their adult caregivers. With no big kids in sight, little ones will be free to roam, investigate, build, experience, and learn to play!
UPCOMING DATES & THEMES:
- April 28 – Mother’s Day is just around the corner… show her how much you care with this series of fun kitchen experiments you and mom can do together… preferably while dad cooks breakfast for you!
- May 26 & 30 – Everybody poops! Explore the science of scat (animal poop) and learn more about the power of your digestive system.
- June 30 – Big or little, siblings are the best playmates! Get together and DO SCIENCE during this sibling PlayDate!
- July 28 & Aug 1 – How many colors are on your dinner plate? The more the better! We’ll explore where your favorite healthy treats come from in a fun puppet show and more.
- August 25 & 29 – Goodnight, moon. Discover the science of SLEEP as we relax during this interactive storytime.
LOOKING FOR MORE EARLY-CHILDHOOD FUN?
Join us after each bi-monthly PlayDate for one of our NEW Little Learner Family Camps!
Our Little Learners Family Camps allow children and adults to explore science together. Join us for a variety of science themes designed to foster an early love of learning and provide caregivers creative engagement strategies to encourage curiosity and school readiness.
- All workshops are from 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. after our Monthly PlayDate series.
- Cost: $10 for 1 non-member children & 1 adult, $5 for each additional non-member persons; $7 for 1 member child & 1 adult, $3 for additional member persons
THERE ARE EVEN MORE EXCITING THINGS AVAILABLE FOR OUR YOUNGEST GUESTS AND THEIR FAMILIES…
The new SCIENCE IN PLAY is NOW OPEN!
|After implementing two temporary and experimental iterations of Science in Play over the past 3 years, we’ve heard loud and clear that YOU LOVE IT… and we do too!This NEW exhibit envelops the entire first floor, encompassing the space previously dedicated to KidZone and also the central gallery previously home to traveling exhibitions. FIND OUT MORE!|