“Scientific Proofs” is a monthly gathering for grownups who like to geek out on science. Each month we have conversations about interesting, sometimes hot-button, science topics led by a variety of area scientists, leaders, and professionals. All events are FREE… minus the food and drinks!
Scientific Proofs is back for 2017 with new topics and a new venue!
We’ve given our monthly science-for-adults program, Scientific Proofs, a serious upgrade. Now held at Mellow Mushroom every month (before trivia), we’re adding great atmosphere, great food, and drink specials for all! The ingredients are simple: a relevant science topic, an expert in the field, you and a bunch of other people who like to geek out on science.
NEXT SCIENTIFIC PROOFS:
April 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM
3922 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40207
Math FTW (For The Win)
Join us at Scientific Proofs this month for pizza, drinks, and intellectual conversations. Churchill Downs and Horseshoe Southern Indiana will talk about gaming and wagering, while University of Louisville’s Dr. Jake Wildstrom will analyze probability and games of chance. Come on down!
- January 25 – A Risk Analysis of General Artificial Intelligence, presented Dr. Roman Yampolskiy, Speed School of Engineering and NGS Group, University of Louisville
- February 22 – Science Fiction Double Feature, presented by John Bucher, Hazard Mitigation Planner, Stantec & Josh Human, Senior Hazard Mitigation and Resilience Consultant, Stantec and by Rich Boling, Vice President, Techshot
- March 29 – Hike For Your Lives, presented Dr. George Bosse, Medical Director of the Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children’s Hospital and Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Louisville School of Medicine
- September 13 – The Order of Memory – Olfaction, Meaning, and the Kareth of Incense
Dr Ian Mutchnick, Pediatric Neurosurgeon
- October 11 – ‘Curse’ of the Modern Mummy – Learn your ABCDs: aquamation, burial, cremation, and donation. Presented by: Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates and Kel McBride the “Lively Death lady” of Clearly Depart.
- November 8 – Manifest Destiny of the Mind – Human Connectome Project Presented by Teodora Stoica, M.S., Doctoral Fellow
Interested in having Kentucky Science Center host an adult science event at your venue? Options include presentations, panel discussions, and much more! For more information, click here.