Scientific Proofs” is a monthly gathering for grownups who like to geek out on science. Each month we have conversations about interesting, sometimes hot-button, science topics led by a variety of area scientists, leaders, and professionals. All events are FREE… minus the food and drinks!
Scientific Proofs is back for 2017 with new topics and a new venue!
We’ve given our monthly science-for-adults program, Scientific Proofs, a serious upgrade. Now held at Mellow Mushroom every month (before trivia), we’re adding great atmosphere, great food, and drink specials for all! The ingredients are simple: a relevant science topic, an expert in the field, you and a bunch of other people who like to geek out on science.
NEXT SCIENTIFIC PROOFS:
June 21, 2017 at 6:30 PM
3922 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40207
The far reaches of space are almost as mysterious as the existence of pineapple on pizza – and yet, we explore.
In preparation for Kentucky’s once-in-a-lifetime views of the upcoming total solar eclipse, this month’s Scientific Proofs is all about Space. And pizza.
Launch your evening with an eclipse-science crash course. Navigate the most recent developments in space exploration with representatives from SpaceTango. Complete your mission with a free appetizer (available to the first 30 guests!)
SpaceTango representative Twyman Clements will go in depth on current topics of the space industry; overviewing voyages to the gas giants with the Juno and Cassini’s spacecraft, how rocket reusability is remaking access to Space, and some of the companies building upon these opportunities to both extend humanity’s reach and better our planet.
Kentucky will have one of the best views of the total solar eclipse on August 21, 2017. Learn more about the eclipse and engage in the once-in-a-lifetime celestial experience with Science Center activities and events.
- January 25 – A Risk Analysis of General Artificial Intelligence, presented Dr. Roman Yampolskiy, Speed School of Engineering and NGS Group, University of Louisville
- February 22 – Science Fiction Double Feature, presented by John Bucher, Hazard Mitigation Planner, Stantec & Josh Human, Senior Hazard Mitigation and Resilience Consultant, Stantec and by Rich Boling, Vice President, Techshot
- March 29 – Hike For Your Lives, presented Dr. George Bosse, Medical Director of the Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children’s Hospital and Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Louisville School of Medicine
- April 26 – Math FTW, presented by Churchill Downs, Horseshoe Southern Indiana, and University of Louisville’s Dr. Jake Wildstrom.
- September 13 – The Order of Memory – Olfaction, Meaning, and the Kareth of Incense
Dr Ian Mutchnick, Pediatric Neurosurgeon
- October 11 – ‘Curse’ of the Modern Mummy – Learn your ABCDs: aquamation, burial, cremation, and donation. Presented by: Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates and Kel McBride the “Lively Death lady” of Clearly Depart.
- November 8 – Manifest Destiny of the Mind – Human Connectome Project Presented by Teodora Stoica, M.S., Doctoral Fellow
Interested in having Kentucky Science Center host an adult science event at your venue? Options include presentations, panel discussions, and much more! For more information, click here.